101 in 1001 Update

/
0 Comments
Hey there! This is my first update for my 101 in 1001 list. It's now been a little over three months now, so I'm reaching about my first 100 days in the 1001 days to come. I can't believe that in these first couples months I've already been able to check off so many things from my list! And I can't wait to keep going finishing more things!

Here's what I've checked off recently...

6. Read 30 books (2/30)
Traveling a lot gave me time to read, so over the summer I finished reading two books; The Girl on the Train and The Cuckoo's Calling. You can read about my review and thoughts on each one here and here.

10. Get a tattoo
It hurt a little, but I love it! [picture here]

14. Go to a flea market

Mauer Park Flea Market - Berlin, Germany
16. Go to ten new restaurants
Being abroad in Europe this summer provided me with many opportunities to visit new places and try new things. I was able to visit tons of cafes and restaurants, so this one was fairly easy to cross off, despite me thinking that this would take me awhile.

30. Visit three new museums
Same deal as the restaurants. Being abroad - Centre Pompidou, Reina Sophia, Picasso Museum, etc.

31. Brush up on french skills
I've had a lot of opportunity to tackle this one so far! Part of my time abroad was spent in France, so that one was a really easy given. I was able to speak french every day, while interacting with strangers, teachers, and friends. I also have taken the leap and am retaking some french classes this semester at school.

38. Throw a party
This past week was Labor Day, and to celebrate the holiday and all of our friends being back on campus for the new school year, my housemates and I threw a Labor Day BBQ party. It was a lot of fun! We ended up grilling burgers and hot dogs and having a ton of other foods. (And I got to learn to grill! Crossing off 92 too!) One of my housemates is the co- president of DJ Club with me, so we were also able to use our equipment to set up a nice music system for the party too.

43. Buy fresh flowers, just because
So I finally visited my first farmer's market, the Mill City farmer's market! I didn't really need any groceries at the moment, and I wasn't really in the mood to buy any small snacks or pastries, so I decided a nice thing to bring back from my small adventure was flowers. I ended up bringing home a beautiful bouquet of sunflowers and small purple wildflowers.

51. Visit a new country
Once again, study abroad has kind of helped me cross off a lot of things on this list. But I had the experience of visiting Spain for the first time this past summer.


64. Attend a wine tasting

90. Go a week without television

92. Learn to grill

98. Go to 10 concerts (2/10)
I love concerts, so this summer being abroad kinda hindered my ability to see lots of different shows. I did manage to squeeze in two different shows though; Alt- J in Prague and Warped Tour Milwaukee.



You may also like

No comments: