{Travel Diaries} Study Abroad: Departure Day

/
0 Comments
Wow, so I realize that I am almost about two months late writing this post. My mistake about study abroad was thinking I would have more time to myself. Fortunately (or sometimes unfortunately) my program keeps me rather busy, and I have found myself without much free time to myself. I have already apologized, but would like to apologize again for my lack of blog posts regarding study abroad. However, I will try to make up for that right now with a slow trickle of blog posts from my adventures abroad!

Bon Voyage - Off to Prague!
My first destination was to Prague, Czech Republic! I headed off at the end of May via Chicago ORD and endured a long 9 hour flight to Frankfurt, Germany. Getting there was not difficult, unlike most of the other students on the program, I have flown internationally by myself, so I had no troubles or worries getting from one place to another. The hardest part of heading out was looking back through the security line and seeing my mom watching from the other side. After passing security, I found my gate and waited my turn to board. The flight itself was not bad. I am of the unlucky variety who find it difficult to sleep on planes, so I spent the majority of my flight mindlessly watching  the small television screen in front of me. I did get to watch some quality shows, like Friends, Big Bang Theory, and 2 Broke Girls. The rest of my flight was spent catching up on journaling and eating whatever meal the flight attendants delivered to me.


Safely arrived in Frankfurt and felt slightly dazed. The local time read about 5am, however the time at home was still in the afternoon to early evening. Still had one more flight to go though! The airport layout of Frankfurt was one long strip and unfortunately flight gates did not get posted until about one hour before they departed. I therefore got the chance to run across the airport to find my gate, making my fitbit buzz from all the walking! I did find the gate and boarded alright, then proceeded to completely pass out on the 1 hour flight from Frankfurt to Prague. Imagine my surprise when I woke up in Prague and found a sandwich sitting next to me in my seat! (Thank you flight attendants!)

No stress getting my backs or finding my program. CIEE did a wonderful job providing shuttles to our new homes for the session. I ended up in a 4 person apartment with two other girls, Malerie and Katie. Together the three of us took to calling Apartment 6, Slezska 61 our new home for the month!


You may also like

No comments: