{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: 10 Favorite Songs

/
0 Comments

Music is hugely important to me. I have been playing piano for 13 years, violin for 7 year, as well as dabbling in guitar, ukelele, and clarinet. I'm surrounded by music all the time, I love to drive with the windows down and the music blaring. I love running to new songs on my ipod. I love not only attending concerts - but experiencing every minute of it!

My playlists are constantly being changed or updated, so it's really hard to pick what my favorite songs are. I have certain favorites based on genre or style of music. So I have decided to look into my iTunes library (of 8,515 songs...) and pull my top 10 played songs. Each song varies from the next, so I'm just listing them in the order they appear. Keep in mind that this is from a collection of music I started when I was in middle school... so are you ready for my random mix?

1. Breaking Point - Crown the Empire



2. Dr. Bizzaro - The Afterlife Kids



3. Hello Fascination - Breathe Carolina
I just want to say that Breathe Carolina is one of my favorite bands, and I've even had the opportunity to meet them a couple times! They're music is recently more EDM and dance style, but I also like their original sound, a mix of hard alternative and electronic garage band.





4. You Were Wrong - The Downtown Fiction



5. Break Me Out - The Rescues



6. You Make Me Wanna Die - The Pretty Reckless
I'm not normally a huge fan of female "rock" singers, but I love Taylor Momsen and I think her band is simply perfect. Sure, she's known as Little Jenny Humphrey, but I think Taylor as a singer is just as amazing, if not better.




7. The Only One - Hello Astronaut



8. Twenty Years - Augustana
This song is hauntingly beautiful. Augustana is a band that never fails to make me feel more calm or help me relax. I know it sounds cliched, but their music has helped me through some tough time. 



9. Messin' with My Mind - Five Knives



10. Pumpin Blood - NONONO
Fun fact about this song - the first hundred or so times I heard this song, I misheard the lyrics as pumpkin blood. So I enjoyed this as a Halloween song, until my friend so kindly pointed out the correct words are pumpin blood. Oops!



This post was so fun to write, and I think it reconfirmed how much I like music. I think starting after this post, I will start to post more often about my favorite songs, concerts I attend, new bands, new singles, and all things that relate to music! This new series will be called Music Monday

Let me know if you want more or have any suggestions! Or a better series name haha!


* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:




You may also like

No comments: