{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: Favorite Childhood Book

/
0 Comments


When I was a kid, I loved reading. And while, I still love catching up on a good book today, I used to be that kid who always had their nose in a book. And I literally mean always, I would read in the car, in restaurants, in class, and sometimes my parents would even catch me reading under the covers at night after I was already put into bed.

I read so many books, spanning a variety of different genres; novels, comics, manga, sci- fi, mystery, horror, fantasy, historical fiction. I even read most of the famous children book series; Harry Potter, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Nancy Drew, Magic Tree House, The Chronicles of Narnia. Out of all the books I read though, I never was a fan of re- reading any books, no matter how much I enjoyed it the first time. However, there is one book that I re- read multiple times and it still never gets old to me. And that book is The Silver Crown by Robert C. O'Brien.

(Here's my own copy - it's so worn the cover is starting to fall off!)

The Silver Crown is a standalone children's sci- fi novel published in 1968. With that being said, it's quite an old book. I remember picking this book up at my elementary school's book fair, and yes, I was a child, so I picked the book because I thought the cover and the title were really cool. At the time, this book was the longest book I had ever finished reading by myself. I was really proud of myself, and I remember going around telling anyone who would listen that I had completed a 272 page book.

The book focuses on a girl name Ellen. She awakes on her birthday to find a silver crown placed on her bed side table. After putting the crown on, Ellen's whole world begins to change and she must figure out what happened to her family and her life. The book is a perfect mix of mystery and fantasy- like sci-fi.


* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:








You may also like

No comments: