{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: Pet Peeves

/
0 Comments


Ah pet peeves - small or large habits that bothers someone somewhere in this world. No matter who you are, we all have pet peeves. We may not be able to identify things we do ourselves that bother others, but there are definitely things that others do that bother us. 

Slow Walkers I am a fairly small person - me and all of my five feet two inches are not that intimidating. Sooooo... when people walk slowly they get in my way and unlike the taller population, it takes me slightly longer to get places. Please just keep a decent walking pace, and for high heavens please do NOT randomly stop walking right in front of me.

Loud Chewers Eating is something that we all do, but do you have to do it so loudly? I understand if you're sick - and can't breathe through your nose at the moment - but if I have to eat next to you and feel like I'm eating next to a horse, something is wrong.

Obsessive Phone Usage When I take the time to hang out with somebody, I want to well - hang out with them! Crazy idea huh? So when somebody is constantly on their phone, it annoys me to no end. Can they not take an hour out of their texting, tweeting, and posting to enjoy a nice distraction free lunch?

Gravitaters Like I said above, I walk with purpose and get easily annoyed when people try to stop me. With that being said, I also dislike when people I am walking with slowly start to get closer to me as we walk together. Especially after studying abroad in Europe, I have learned I like my personal bubble.

Being Late I admit, I am not always on time myself, however this is a bad habit that I have worked VERY hard on to fix. When people show up to things more than fifteen minutes late, I always start to wonder why we didn't arrange for a later time to begin with.


Now I am going to relax and avoid society for a bit, after realizing that all of my pet peeves involve other people. What are your pet peeves? Any similar ones or different ones?

* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:



You may also like

No comments: