{Music Monday} Punk Goes Christmas Album Review

/
0 Comments
So I'm sure by now you've been hearing holiday music all around. However, if you're like me you might be getting tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, especially if they're slow and mellow. I mean it is finals, so I really don't want to be listening to festive music that will make me sleepy!

Enter Punk Goes Christmas. This album is part of the Punk Goes... series, where alternative, punk, and rock bands create their own cover versions of popular songs, and in this case Christmas songs. This album is the second of the Christmas variety, and I'm still not exactly sure of how I feel about it.


I definitely enjoy all the bands, and I like their style of music. However, some of the styles don't translate well for Christmas songs, even if I am expecting them to sound more alternative. On the other side, I don't think there are as many hard rock songs as previous albums. This album contains songs by alt- pop bands like The Ready Set, All Time Low and The Summer Set, but there are also songs by more rock- alt bands like August Burns Red.

I really enjoy these albums, and I even own two Punk Goes Pop albums! However, seeing as the holidays only come around once a year, I might just stick to youtube to rely on hearing these songs. 



You may also like

No comments: