{In My Bag} Study Abroad Pt. 1

/
0 Comments

Here is the travel bag (here)!

Since I am going abroad, I need a sturdy bag that will carry all of my stuff. My study abroad experience will be shorter than most, so I am trying to keep all my stuff organized and compact as possible. This goes for the same with my bag!

I found this bag at T.J. Maxx with my mom. However, I have learned the trick to look in the men's aisle because they have bigger and more useful bags. The bag is from Field and Stream, a hunting and fishing company. So naturally this bag is a nice neutral color, and more importantly has lots of pockets! There is one main pocket, with a laptop sleeve inside and a secret mesh zippered pocket inside.  There are four main zippered compartments on the outside of the bag; one on each side, one on the front, and one on the flap. Inside the front pocket is even more pockets and other organizers. The back of the bag has another laptop compartment and a sleeve that will allow the backpack to rest on a suitcase handle.


So what's inside my bag?
Here's what is in the main pocket:

Folder This folder holds all my important travel documents and other papers regarding my program

Journal This is my personal journal that I use to write about everything and anything

Planner I cannot go anywhere without my planner! Inside I have all my dates, birthdays, and assignments written down.

iPad I don't know - this one goes without saying. This will be my entertainment on the flight, complete with movies and ebooks. I also am bringing my computer!

Packing cube For those of you who don't own packing cubes, go buy some now! These are the best way to organize and pack clothes! Our program asked us to take one outfit in our non- checked bag (probably in case something happens to our luggage), so I fit my pajamas and another day's outfit into this

Stuffed bunny I'm not someone who needs tons of comfort objects, but I love my plushes! And this is one my boyfriend gave me last year on my birthday. So as a reminder of home, I am bringing this along

Hairbrush This also goes without saying - but after a long flight it will be nice to get off of the plane and touch up


And of course, I fit things in all the other pockets:

Wallet This wallet is great because there are two cash slots, so I can keep my USD separate from my Euros (similar here).

First aid kit This is a simple first aide kit, inside is just bandaids, gauze, some antiseptic wipes, and some advil. But hopefully there won't be anything too dramatic, which would make me need a larger kit!

Passport Okay - this one is really self explainable

Travel lotion I tend to find that airplanes dry my hands out, so a small lotion helps keep them feeling happy

Lip balm For the same reasons above, my lips tend to get really dry in airplanes too

iPod For all your musical needs and desires

Toothpaste and toothbrush I mean, this is a long flight, and at the end I will be meeting my new classmates. So, in order to put my best foot forwards - I'd like to be able to say hello with a clean smile

Dry shampoo A long flight will definitely make me feel kinda dirty and sluggish, so a quick spray of dry shampoo will at least let my hair feel better

Tissues You never know when these will come in handy!

Water bottle (not pictured) So you can't bring in large amounts of liquid into the airport, but once you get past security you can have liquids. So instead of paying for an expensive water, why not fill up your own bottle. The plus of my water bottle is that it's collapsible, so it's small when not being used.

Headphones (not pictured) You know... you need something to listen to music with

Pencil pouch (not pictured) I am going abroad for classes, so it may be helpful to have some pens


You may also like

No comments: