{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: If I Won the Lottery

/
0 Comments

I love the idea of being able to imagine winning the lottery. Playing the what if...? game with friends and family is always a great fascination. Being the college student that I am, I definitely have had the thought "... if I won the lottery than I could...". 

I think I would like to be able to say I would do something really noble like donate it all to charity or help change somebody's life for the better. But I think the first step in my lottery spree would be to pay off all my student loans and other things affiliated with large college fees. I would also save enough money to finish paying for my college.

I think next I would buy my dad a new phone. Because really, my dad is still toting around a flip phone. I mean in the age of technology, most of us have smart phones.. but my dad is old fashioned. I think he just needs a good nudge. 

Afterwards, I would start ticking things off of my wanderlust list. I really love traveling, and I think there's a lot of places to head. My first destination would be London.


Trying not to sound like a snob... but the last time I visited London I was a young child. Needless to say I don't remember much of it. The strongest memory I have of that trip is that my cousins and I found a snail in their drive way. So.... it would be nice to see London again and make new memories.

Next, I would start going across Europe. Maybe a break in Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Denmark, and Ireland. Hopefully, if there was still enough money left (and it was safe to go) I would like to visit Egypt afterwards. 


My parents visited Egypt before I was born, and so I grew up with their interesting stories from their trip. Around our house is memorabilia from their trip too. I also had a strong fascination with the Ancient Egyptian culture, and I would like to see where it all originated from. 

Maybe maybe afterwards I would have to just come home and visit all the famous restaurants and such around the city. Treat myself, friends, and family to some good food. Like maybe some good dessert?


What would you do if you won the lottery?


* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:










You may also like

No comments: