{Blogging Challenge} 10 Favorite Foods

/
0 Comments

Food is so so so so so important to me! Not only do you need it to survive and function - but it's delicious and can even help turn a bad day around. I recently have started learning to cook for myself, and I have references from my friends, housemates, and boyfriend that I'm not too bad at it. So without further adieu, I'd like to share ten of my favorite foods with you!

1. Raspberries

Raspberries are hands down one of my favorite foods. They are delicious by themselves or mixed in with other foods. They are also the perfect flavoring for everything sweet; chocolate, cupcakes, ice cream. 


2. Chocolate

I hate to play into the typical female stereotype, but I do love chocolate. I stand by the idea of people giving chocolate instead of flowers on Valentine's Day. Although, I do have to say that I am not a fan of white chocolate.


3. Ramen


When I say ramen, I am not talking about your college 10 cents packets. I'm talking real intricate delicious authentic asian ramen. I love how you can customize ramen depending on what you are in the mood to eat. Because of this ramen is a wonderful comfort food and also a great dinner option (sometimes even breakfast after a late night)!


4. Grilled Cheese



Going along with comfort foods, grilled cheese is one that hits home. Paired with tomato soup, grilled cheese is the best and leads me to a great nostalgic feeling. Also I give mad props to my housemate for making some of the best grilled cheese I've ever had.


5. Peanut Butter Captain Crunch


When I was a kid,  I had different types of cereal every morning before school. This by far was my favorite cereal, and while I try to eat healthier cereals, I'll still eat a couple bites of PB Captain Crunch as a small snack. 


6. Chocolate Milk


With nearly every meal I have, I'll have a glass of milk with it. Chocolate milk is just a little bit more special and makes for a great treat. I especially love it after a long workout.


7. Dumplings (Gyoza)


Every time I go out for Japanese food I have to get Gyoza! Gyoza is the Japanese version of dumplings, but most people often mistakenly call them pot stickers (which are Chinese). My grandparents used to joke that I ate so many gyoza at so many different restaurants, I could compile a list of the best dumplings across the US.


8. Mashed Potatoes

Whenever Thanksgiving rolls around, I always reach for the mashed potatoes first. They're also a component in some of other favorite foods like shepard's pie. 


9. Sushi


In case you're not noticing a trend, I love Japanese food (blame my culture)! So naturally I must include sushi in my list. I'm not very picky on which sushi I eat, but I do love anything with salmon in it. 


10. Strawberry Calpico/ Strawberry Calpis


Calpico is one of my favorite drinks. It's a bit hard to describe, but Wikipedia states the drink as a slightly acidic milky yogurt flavored soft drink. So if you don't like yogurt, it's not your thing. But if you like yogurt this is the best drink! It also comes in many other different flavors.


These foods aren't necessarily the healthiest of foods, nor do they follow any particular pattern. But there you have a list of some of my favorite foods. If you want to be my friend, bring mee some and we can enjoy it together! Or tell me some of your favorite foods and we can eat that together too!

* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:



You may also like

No comments: