{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: Dream Job

/
0 Comments

Since they were a child, everyone has had that one job they have always dreamed about. And while every little boy and girl does not grow up to be the next president, that doesn't stop anyone from having a dream job. When I was younger, I really wanted to be a doctor. I even had a little tool kit that I used to run around with and bandage all of my stuffed animals. However, upon entering college and realizing that I have more of a passion in the sciences, rather than the medical field, I changed my mind.

As I child I also really wanted to be an author. I used to partake in writing competitions all the time, and I would write short stories for fun. My grandpa, who is a published author, would even edit my stories and give me tips about how to better them. I even remember having tons of journals and trying to fill them up as my own written book. However, as school became more intense and I got older, my writing hobby was pushed to the side.

Now, my dream job is to work in the science field, preferably as a food developer. While I'm still planning my life, and have yet to graduate college, this is currently the most intriguing career option to me.


The food industry keeps growing, people not only love to eat, but they need to eat. One growing section within the food industry is genetically modified organisms, otherwise known as GMO's. While there are still debates about whether or not GMOs are helpful or even healthy, they definitely produce larger produce objects in greater quantities. Some even argue that GMOs taste better. However, GMOs also include newly created food products. Some examples are cara cara oranges or (my favorite) honeycrisp apples. These fruits are created by mixing together two different types of fruits or two different aspects of fruits within the same family. 

Another aspect in the food industry that really interests me is flavor development. For example, that delicious raspberry smirnoff you're enjoying was created by flavor development. Creating flavors and new types of products is really interesting to me, and I really would like to apply my science skills and backgrounds to products that the general public will be able to use. While others argue that I can use my science skills to help do research or further the medical field, I want to see my product available on shelves in stores, where the average family would be able to use them. Some companies that really beckon to me are Kraft Foods and General Mills. 

So hopefully all my schooling and previous job experiences doing lab work and teaching others will help me. I'm still young, but school is ending for me soon and I need to start thinking of my future.

What is your dream job? Do you know what you want to do?


* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:





You may also like

No comments: