{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: Earliest Childhood Memory

/
0 Comments

I'm sure there's a lot of things that I remember before this memory, but for some reason this is one of the first things that came to mind. During the holidays, one of our family traditions is to send out a Christmas newsletter to friends and family, including some pictures of my brother and me. When I was eight years old, my parents got a new digital camera (back then film was still more prevalent) and they decided to take all the family pictures that year.


I remember the idea was a good one, and originally it seemed like lots of fun. But then my amateur photographer parents took it to the next level, attempting to take studio gorgeous photos in our own home. So shot after shot they placed us about and took photos. It felt like hours to me, but I'm not really sure how long it was in total. Eventually it reached a point where my brother and I were both extremely grumpy and unamused...


All we wanted to do was decorate the Christmas tree or decorate some cookies. There were so many other things that we wanted to do at that moment. Plus turtlenecks are not that comfortable. My brother and I fought a lot as kids, but when we both wanted to do the same thing, we worked well together. We plotted and usually came up with unique ways to make our schemes work in our favor. So with both us wanting to go do other things and stop taking pictures, we decided that if we stopped giving are parents viable pictures they would let us play. And eventually it worked! Because the last few pictures that my mom got that day were of the following variety.


What's your earliest memory? Did you and your siblings ever get into crazy shenanigans too?

* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:





You may also like

No comments: