{Travel Diaries} Study Abroad: 8 Weeks, 2 Bags

/
0 Comments

With my departure date quickly approaching, I decided that it was time to pack. And pack I did! I managed to fit all my stuff into two bags; a suitcase and my backpack.

So using 2 bags for an 8 week study abroad program - this is possible!

Before I started packing, there was a few things that I did first. I was going to four different countries, so I made sure to look up the weather and the customs of dress for each country. Since I will be there in the summer, for the most part every place will be ~ 70 - 80˚F. But the nights will get chilly, reaching temperatures of ~ 50˚F. So that means lightweight pieces that can be easily layered.

Next, I started to plan out all of my outfits. I laid out some basic pieces and made sure that each top would match at least 3 different bottoms. I wanted to bring the minimum amount of clothes I could, but I wanted to make sure I could have many different outfits. One thing that helped me plan this was the app, Clothe to Me.

 


I decided to take - sorry I forgot to take pictures!
- 2 weeks worth of socks (and tights) and underwear
- 6 bottoms (1 leggings, 1 jeans, 2 shorts, 2 skirts)
- 10 shirts 
- 4 dresses ( 3 casual, 1 more formal)
- 4 layering pieces (2 cardigans, 1 sweatshirt, 1 chambray)
- 2 scarves
- 2 workout outfits
- 5 shoes (1 converse, 1 sandals, 1 heeled boots, 1 birkenstocks, 1 running shoes)
- 1 bathing suit

How did I fit all of this into my suitcase and still have room for other things? Two things - rolling, instead of folding all your clothes, and packing cubes, which are a huge space saver! I was able to use packing cubes to keep all of my clothes organized too!


After packing my clothes, I had a lot of extra space. Everyone kept telling me that things in Europe are more expensive here, so I bought a lot of my necessities here and will fill the extra space with them. I am bringing shampoo, conditioner, soap, face soap, sunscreen, lotion, makeup wipes, and dry shampoo. I also brought feminine products, polaroid film, tissues, towels, foldable laundry bag, foldable duffle bag, and a makeup bag (not pictured).

And here's all my stuff nicely fitted into my suitcase! Everything fits nicely together and is organized so I know exactly what to take out my first night there. Also, in case I do end up buying enough things that I can't fit it back into my suitcase for my return flight, I bought a foldable duffle bag. That way on my return flight, I can check my suitcase for free and carry on the duffle bag.


And that's it! I'm so excited to be going abroad! Everything seems to fit and work so well and I can't wait to meet so many new people and experience so many new things!!




You may also like

No comments: