Open Me...

/
0 Comments
Dylan if you are reading this - stop!
Don't spoil all the surprises I put together for you please!!

So if you recently started following my blog, or haven't read my Ayim Abroad post, you may not know that I am going abroad this summer!! For 8 weeks, I will be studying psychology in Prague and Paris.

While I am really really excited (and nervous) to go on this trip, part of me is sad to leave behind family and friends. I'm especially sad to be apart from my boyfriend for this long. As a newly addicted Pinterest user , I have found many creative ways to keep in touch with him while I'm gone. One idea that really stuck out to me was the "Open Me..." project.


The idea behind this project is to leave my boyfriend various letters and small gifts to open while I'm abroad. Each letter has instructions of when he is allowed to open it. Most of my letters had specific dates to open, but some of them had more generic instructions like "open me when you're feeling sick."



My "Open Me..." presents were all letters and small gifts. Most of the letters were for dates that were important or special  to my boyfriend and me. But some of them had little gifts, like for example...

Open Me...

- When you're bored: a homemade crossword about things both of us experienced together

- When you're hungry: a box of his favorite pop tarts

- When you're feeling sick: a box of tissues

- When you really miss me: some bobby pins, this one was a joke - he hates when I leave these around

- When it's the 4th of July: red, white, and blue glow sticks

- & a jar full of hershey kisses, with one "kiss" for each day that I'm gone




You may also like

No comments: