{5 on Friday} Best Fall Apple Treats

/
0 Comments
November has come and so we say goodbye to October. With the winter chill slowly making it's way, all things fall are starting to disappear. One of my favorite things about fall is all the apples. I love going apple picking, but I also love eating apples! They're fairly healthy - well depending how you eat it, but there are tons of ways to make apples into delicious treats and desserts.

So without further adieu, join me in grasping the last bits of fall with these 5 apple treats!

{one}
Apple Butter



Apple butter is delicious! It's great for a snack or for a quick breakfast! This past month my friends and I went apple picking, and we brought home 2 large sacks of apples! These got turned into lovely yummy desserts, with one being our own apple butter! 14 hours later - and it's been being hoarded by all of us this week.

Try this recipe: Brown Eyed Baker (it's the one we used!)


{two}
Apple pie / Apple Crumble



Okay - so apple pie might not just be a fall treat, after all we eat it during Thanksgiving and other Pie Dessert days to (I'm looking at you March 14th). Fresh apple pie is delicious though! Usually I'm too lazy to make pie myself or they turn into unintentional apple crisps from my lack of pie crust making skills, so I can always recommend a good store bought pie! Costco tends to be my favorite, cheaply priced and amazingly large! Perfect for a college student budget!

Try this recipe: Individual Sized Apple Pies


{three}
Apple Cider


Apple cider is delicious! It's an apple treat in liquid form - aka I can heat it up and bring it to class with me! Some people argue that there is no difference to apple cider and apple juice... BUT there actually is! Apple cider is raw apple juice that has not been filtered, therefore it is more fresh and less processed than apple juice. Most apple ciders have expiration/ sell by dates because they will start to lose their freshness after a period of time.

Try this : Trader Joe's Honey Crisp Apple Cider (my favorite apple and my favorite grocer!) 


{four}
Apple Fritters


Apple fritters are fun tasty fried treats! I love how tasty they are, but also their small sizes. You can eat as little or as many as you want! They're so similar to donuts that you already know they are a treat to die for - and that you need to go exercise for if you're like me and will eat tons of them!

Try this recipe: The Kitchn


{five}
Apple Donuts

So if apple fritters weren't enough for you, apple donuts are totally a thing! These donuts tend to be more cakey and baked than fried, but they are just as good as any other donut! My favorite is that they are usually coated in a cinnamon sugar layer that you get to lick off of your fingers at the end. 

Try this recipe: Little Bit Funky


Well those are my five favorite apple treats! I actually love so many different types of apple treats so it was hard to pick just five, but for a little bit of extra here's another recipe! It's for apple mug cake, meaning that its a single serving and easy to make in your microwave for a quick and easy treat!
Try this recipe: Table for Two


You may also like

No comments: