{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: The Town I Live In

/
0 Comments

So when I first started thinking about this post, I thought of my hometown. But then I reread the title and realized I should be writing about the Twin Cities, which is where I call home when I'm in school, which would be right now.


The Twin Cities are such a cool place! It's actually two cities just a few miles apart, Saint Paul and Minneapolis. What one city lacks, the other city has plenty of. The two cities manage to balance each other really nicely, so there's always something to do!

Saint Paul


Saint Paul is the home of my college. It is also the home of all things political. As Minnesota's state capitol, it houses the large and beautiful capitol building! I have had the pleasure of touring the inside (for free!), but it is under construction right now, so I wasn't able to see all the rooms. Saint Paul is also home to the Cathedral, another beautiful landmark that visitors can tour or attend service in. Saint Paul also has the Xcel Center, a large arena that hosts everything from Minnesota Wild Hockey games to Concerts like Zedd's True Colors Tour. 

If are ever in the neighborhood and are hungry, I suggest grabbing a bite at Mickey's Diner.


Minneapolis


Minneapolis is the other city in the area, and this is where the nightlife happens! Across the bridge there are tons of museums, bars, and night clubs. Don't get me wrong, Saint Paul also has really cool museums and concert venues too, but Minneapolis has more of a night life feeling. I have spent some weekends  going to different bars and clubs with friends. A few weeks ago, we even attended a Harry Potter bar crawl! One of Minneapolis' more famous museums is the Walker Art Museum, home of the Cherry Spoon sculpture. The museum garden is free for all, so I have visited that sculpture in every type of weather now.

If you're in the mood to explore, I suggest checking out the Midtown Global Market.



What are some of your favorite things about your city? Let me know in the comments below!


* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:

Week 23: 5 Favorite Movies


You may also like

No comments: