{Music Monday} Blurryface Tour Review

/
0 Comments

Couple of weeks ago, I visited Myth to attend the Blurryface Tour. The show was really fun and the line up was great! Twenty One Pilots, Echosmith, and Finish Ticket. 

Blurryface Tour!
Right after my classes finished, my friend and I headed to the suburbs for the giant venue. Well, first we stopped to get some Noodles & Co., which ended up being a good idea since we waited outside in the line for an hour and half. The line was insane! It stretched and wound all the way through the venue's parking lot and then into the mall's parking lot across the street. A.K.A. a very long line, in the frigid Minnesota fall. 

Once inside, the venue was so crowded that we only found space in the upstairs balcony - behind two other rows of people! And we attempted to be early at the show, we got there an hour before doors! Anyways, windows between people allowed us to see the show pretty well. The first band to play was Finish Ticket

Finish Ticket played first
Finish Ticket was really good! I had never heard of them before the show, but they managed to wow me and I am currently listening to and finding favorites of their music. The band had a lot of energy and was a mix of alternative pop and indie alternative. So nothing to intense or too mellow. They also were quite large, they toured with five people.

I recommend listening to: Tranquilize

The opening band was Echosmith, who you might recognize from their popular singles Cool Kids and Bright. I've seen Echosmith a few times in the past; Warped Tour and their own headlining show. But even though they weren't a headliner this time, they were just as great! I love Sydney's style, and I love how the band gets along and creates music beautifully together as a family. 


Echosmith - singing Bright acoustically
Echosmith played some of my favorite songs from Bright to Tell Her You Love Her. They had great energy and great sound. However, Jaimie wasn't with the band anymore sadly. He left earlier in August to take some person time with his family, since his wife is now expecting their first child (congrats!!). 

I recommend listening to: Tell Her You Love Her

Finally after a couple hours, the sold out headliner appeared in all their dramatic fashion. *Drumroll* Twenty One Pilots!! *Cue a bajillion fangirl screams* I haven't seen Twenty One Pilots since they gained popularity, but wow those guys sure do know how to headline and put on a wonderful show! They started in complete darkness, but they had so many mini stages and different light settings throughout the whole show, that I was never looking at just the same monotonous stage. 

Twenty One Pilots - and dancing friend like people
Not only did Josh and Tyler perform well, they managed to surprise and perform! A few times they not only crowd surfed, but played on top of the crowd! Josh had a makeshift platform with drums that they handed to the crowd, so he could be held up and surf the crowd WHILE playing drums! It was incredible! They played their new singles and their old favorites, which I'm grateful for, since I found them with their singles like House of Gold and Car Radio.

Twenty One Pilots performing

All in all their show was great! I loved every moment, even though I found it difficult to see at times. But their energy was fantastic and I can't wait until I can see them again!

I recommend listening to: Lane Boy





You may also like

No comments: