{5 on Friday} My Running Helpers

/
0 Comments
It's finally time... next week is Thanksgiving Break. Which means that the 8K race I signed up for is a little less than a week away. I initially had the good intention of using the race as a way to become more active and keep up with my running regime. However, school got in the way, and I used a plethora of excuses which ended up hindering my running progress.

Anyways, I still have plans to try the race! While I may not finish with the time I originally wanted,  I will be proud of myself for running it in the first place. For all of you runners, or people who want to start running, here is a list of my top 5 running helpers.


{one}
Zombies, Run!

 via

I realize that this sounds a little morbid, or maybe frightening, but I promise it's not! In fact it's pretty fun! Zombies, Run! is an app that helps people start running. It's similar to a podcast, in that there are many different stories per each run, with each run continuing the story. However, it also has a radio component, so runners get a mix of stories and music all together! I like how the app is also interactive, you are able to collect supplies as you run - which you will use to help further your status in the game.

This app is available for both iPhone and android, learn about it here.


{two}
Fitbit



I bought myself a Fitbit about two years ago, and it has REALLY changed my life. Since getting my fitbit, I have noticed that I like trying to walk more and get more exercise than before. Fitbit has allowed me to monitor my health and activity better, and it's daily food logs, sleep logs, and step logs really motivate me. Some fun pros to this is the silent alarm clock, the app allowing you to compete with friends, and the easy to use personal dashboard.

I'm currently part of a competition called Fit for Good, which will take my steps and change it into a donation towards the charity of my choice!

Curious about one, look here.


{three} 
Chocolate Milk



If you've ever been to Costco, I'm sure you've seen these bad boys stocked in the drink section. These chocolate milk drinks are my everything, when I was younger I would drink 1- 2 of them a day! However, now I can't really afford to drink it that often due to price and just the amount of sugar. But chocolate milk is a really good post- workout snack. After every workout, I treat myself to a chocolate milk, since I know it's good for me but also because it's a nice way to reward myself and my body.


{four}
Pandora


Pandora is an online internet radio station, with music for everyone and everything! There are so many different stations, you can create your own, listen to a certain genre, listen to music for a certain event, etc! When I'm running, I prefer not to take my iPod because I don't want to grow tired (or frustrated) with my music from long runs or hard workouts. Pandora is great because I can listen to many different types of music and not hear anything repeat. I also get to discover new music along the way too!

I recommend running to: Nike Running Radio


{five}
Running Socks


Before I started seriously running, I didn't realize that running socks were a thing! However, after buying my first serious pair of running shoes, the salesman recommended pairing running socks with them. I was a little skeptical, after all his job was to sell me stuff, but I decided to try it out and wow did they help! Running socks (or at least mine) have a cushioned support in the sock which helps with running, but they also don't rub as much as normal socks!

Runner's world has a great article on which type of sock is right for you, here.


* * *

While I  may not be the world's best runner, I definitely credit these things with helping me become a runner. Now here's to hoping that I can run my race this upcoming week!

What are your guys' favorite things for working out or running? Let me know down in the comments below so I can try them too!


You may also like

No comments: