{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: What's in my Bag, Makeup Edition

/
0 Comments

When I am at home, I usually don't use a makeup bag. Mainly this is because I have too much to fit into one bag. While I am traveling though, I do use this bag

My makeup corner
Currently all my makeup at school is on top of my dresser. As you can see from the picture above, I have a lot and it's all in different places. I have two mirrors; one that has a few pictures on it, and I use it for my checking my hair and more basic makeup, like foundation, and a smaller magnifying mirror that I can use for my brows or my eye makeup. Next to all that I have a small mason jar that holds my larger makeup brushes; foundation brush, powder brush, bronzer brush, blush brush, contour brush, and a few others. Next is a small red tray that holds my perfume collection. There's also another tray that holds my hair products and different lotions and toners. In front of that is my lipstick and lipgloss collection.


On the first shelf under the mirrors, I have this pull out makeup drawer organizer, which perfectly fits on the shelf. This organizer holds a few of my hair accessories, like bobby pins and headbands, makeup wipes, face products and more makeup.

My eyeshadow palettes

Some of the makeup that I have in the shelf are my eye palettes. The makeup palettes that I use are
NYX Brown Eyes (left)
- Urban Decay Ammo Palette (middle bottom)
- Urban Decay Mariposa Palette (middle top)
Lorac Pro

Each palette has its own character, so I love using all of them. I have to say on a normal day - to - day basis, I usually reach for the Lorac Pro because there are so many pigmented neutral colors, both matte and shimmer. I also use Urban Decay's eye shadow primer before applying eye shadow, so that my makeup stays all day without fading or creasing. Along with the eyeshadow, I use a few different eyeliners. I'm a huge fan of L'Oreal Intense Liquid eyeliner - and it's probably my holy grail. I've been using it since middle school. But I also use Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide- On Eye pencils in Perversion, Yeyo, and Delinquent. When I was younger, I used to use NYX glitter eyeliner, but with older age and longer days I'm not as a big of glitter for normal days.

Random makeup

In another part of my organizer I have these things above. I've got two blushes, bronzer, brow palette, powder, and the eye shadow primer I mentioned above.
NYX Blush in peach (top left)
NYX Blush - can't remember color (middle left)
Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion (bottom left)
Rimmel Sun Bronzer (top right)
Benefit Brow Shaping Kit (middle right)
Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder (bottom right)

The NYX blush packaging has since changed since I originally bought it, but the product is just as wonderful. The pigment is great, but not too heavy, which I prefer since I don't want my makeup to feel heavy on my face. I like my bronzer, but it's getting old so I'm pretty sure I should invest in a new one soon. But I bought it on the recommendation of a friend, and I like how it's been working so far. My brow kit is something that has changed my life! I have really thin brows, so when my mom bought me this this past summer, I fell in love! The kit has a gel and matching powder, and comes with brushes and small tweezers, just in case you didn't have or want to buy another brush. Both the gel and the powder are really pigmented and they last all day. I have slept in my makeup more than once, and in the morning while the rest of my face looks like a mess, my brows still look perfect. My powder is another favorite of mine, and you can read about my review here.

Face products

These are my top three used face products.
Benefit Big and Easy (left)
Benefit Flawless Liquid Foundation (middle)
Benefit's Porefessional (right)

I have already reviewed Benefit's Big and Easy, you can read about that here. But I tend to use that only in the summer, since it's lighter and has less coverage. As the seasons change and it gets colder and drier outside, I tend to switch to heavier foundations for the winter. Enter Benefit's Flawless Liquid Foundation, which I've been using for about 2 years now. I really like this foundation because of it's good coverage and moisturizing properties. Plus theres SPF coverage and a pump! The Porefessional I use whenever I put any makeup on my face. It basically helps minimizes pores and smoothes my face for better application for any makeup.

Anyways, let me know what makeup you use! Comment below with your favorite makeup and let me know if you want any more reviews on other makeup I have listed!


* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:

Week 23: 5 Favorite Movies



You may also like

No comments: