{Travel Diaries} Study Abroad: Dobrey Den Praha!

/
0 Comments
So as you guys may or may not know, I studied abroad this summer! My first destination was Prague, Czech Republic. So I packed my bags and headed around the globe and landed, jet lagged Vaclav Havel ready to start my journey!

I moved in to Slezska 61 with two other girls, my new roommates Malerie and Katie. Our apartment was a cute and clean 2 bedroom apartment just for us! I opted to live with a roommate, so I had the pleasure of living with Malerie for the next month. Our apartment was located in Praha 3, one of the ten districts of Prague.

My Roommates and I

The first day was kind of rough. Jet lagged, we were driven from the airport to our apartments and told to try and stay awake for as long as possible. Which is hard, considering most of us had been traveling for at least two days. I was the first to arrive in the apartment, so I waited for my new roommates and spent time unpacking and claiming my bed. I guess that's the best part of being first, you get dibs on the best bed!

View from Apt 6. Slezska 61

When my roommates finally arrived we spent lots of time just talking and getting to know each other. Eventually we realized we had to start getting moved in, so while Malerie moved in Katie and I ran downtown so she could exchange her money for Koruna. Hard thing was, we spent a little too much time downtown and missed our first dinner with our flat buddy, Jakub. Flat buddies are similar to RA's,  except they are students attending our host university, so they more of help us understand and experience the Czech culture.

So seeing that Katie and I missed our group dinner, we spent the first night wandering around our district by ourselves. We found ourselves a nice little hidden restaurant, Sudicka, which ended up becoming our favorite restaurant in all of Prague.

Sudicka Bar



You may also like

No comments: