{Blogging Challenge} Getting to Know Me: My Horoscope

/
0 Comments

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)
Gemini is the third sign of the zodiac, and those born under this sign will be quick to tell you all about it. That's because they love to talk! It's not just idle chatter with these folks, either. The driving force behind a Gemini's conversation is their mind. The Gemini-born are intellectually inclined, forever probing people and places in search of information. The more information a Gemini collects, the better. Sharing that information later on with those they love is also a lot of fun, for Geminis are supremely interested in developing their relationships. Dalliances with these folks are always enjoyable, since Geminis are bright, quick-witted and the proverbial life of the party. Even though their intellectual minds can rationalize forever and a day, Geminis also have a surplus of imagination waiting to be tapped. 
- Astrology.com

* * *

 
As you can see, I am a gemini. After reading about my horoscope online, I'm not sure if I quite agree with everything that's being attributed to my sign. I don't really take much attention to horoscopes, but getting to read more things about this was pretty fun!

Geminis common traits are listed as enthusiastic, caring, talkative, imaginative, witty, intellectual, superficial, anxious, and those are just some for example. One of the main traits highlighted are how versatile gemini can be, there are always two different sides. This is something that I buy into!

I don't think by any means I'm some super complicated individual. I agree with my horoscope that I enjoy talking to friends, but I don't think that I am a super busy talkative social butterfly. I personally enjoy myself amongst a small group of friends, and I do enjoy talking to them. But I'm terrified of being left alone in parties and being amongst strangers and acquaintances. 

I do think I'm quite imaginative and intellectual though! Knowing that geminis have two side, it seems right that there is a more "left brain side" and a "right brain side" approach. I enjoy academics very much (except for all the work), and I enjoy learning and trying new things. However, while studying math and sciences tends to be something I'm better at, I do like to balance out my work with more artistic things. For example, I've been playing the piano since I was five years old. I still am taking lessons to this day at school too! I also enjoy art, I spent the better half of my high school experience in art classes and submitting photography to different art shows. 

Some of the more negative traits associated with the horoscope is hard to decide if it really does apply to me or not. I don't think I'm superficial, it's actually something that really bothers me about people. I firmly believe people should just be who they are and what they strive to become. But another negative trait is indecisiveness, something that I'm a bit iffy on... My boyfriend would definitely say I can't make up my mind with small decisions, but I think with larger decisions I know what I want, and I will work for whatever I need to reach my goal. At the same time, I have problems deciding things like what I want to eat for dinner or what movie to watch.

I wonder how much everyone is like their horoscope! I'm definitely a half fit- what about you guys? Does your personality match your horoscope? 

* * *

This post is part of my Getting to Know Me Blogging Challenge, the goal of which to introduce myself to you. A list of each week's topic can be found in the Introduction post. If you would like to participate in the challenge or write up some blog posts from the challenge, let me know! I would love to read them!

Previous posts:




You may also like

No comments: