{5 on Friday} Creepy, Scary, Horror

/
0 Comments
With Halloween tomorrow, a couple things immediately cross my mind.
Costumes.
Scary stories.
Candy.
And yes, it did occur in that moment. I am a huge fan of Halloween, and so I have so much fun around this time of year. I'm 21 and I still dress up and try my luck at trick or treating with friends every year. (Last year we had a good animal theme going!) However, one of my favorite things about Halloween is hearing all the new and old scary stories. I love horror movies, and I am a huge fan of creepy pasta.

So this week, I wanted to share 5 of my favorite creepy or scary stories that I've come across this year.

{one}
Bloody Mary

Whether you believe in ghosts or not, everyone has heard of or either attempted to play the game Bloody Mary. While the story varies from place to place, the general idea is you look into a mirror and say the name Bloody Mary, and she will appear to you. There are tons of stories online about peoples' accounts with the game. Recently, YouTube recommended this video to me, and I must say it gave me some good chills initially.


{two}
Thought Catalog's Creepy Ghost Photos

I'm an avid photography fan, but sometimes things that show up in photos are down right terrifying. Ghost photography is something that is creepy and amazing all at the same time. While these photos may or may not convince you of what is out there, they still give you a good jump and raise your curiosity. See some for yourself here. 


{three}
American Horror Story and Stories that Inspired the Series

American Horror Story is a tele series that has recently started its 5th season. While each season varies a bit, they're all equally addicting! The show is a mix of mystery, suspense, thrill, and of course horror. At times the show is very stressful, but I enjoy watching every bit of it! You can catch AHS on Fox, Wednesdays at 10pm.

If AHS is too much for you, or if you want more... many different things have been written about the show. One video I recently came across was by the YouTube channel Top 5s. This video relates some of the creepier plot lines in AHS to real life people. It was an educational and creepy moment to realize that some of the stories aren't just fictional after all.



{four}
reddit.com/r/nosleep

Reddit is everything to the Internet, it's quite an addicting site and has something for everybody. This means that you can look up cute pictures of animals, or you can read tons of horror stories. I love visiting the subreddit nosleep. This is where people post lots of horror stories that can be true or fictional. New stories get posted every day, so you will never run out of things to read.

Here are two of my favorite stories I read from the past year:
Air Traffic Controller

Hacking Baby Moniters


{five}
Black Eyed People

Whether or not these are true, these stories are quite creepy and I never want to encounter one myself. Black Eyed People are told to be people with pitch black eyes, who will appear at your house. With their encounters an alarmingly heavy feeling of dread will overcome you. All over the internet you can find many different stories about them, but just to help you with an introduction check out the Creepy Pasta- Black Eyed People article.

* * *

There are so many creepy things to share and talk about! It was so hard to pick just five, but I did my best! Do you guys have any other creepy things you want to share? I love reading about them, leave them down in the comments below!


You may also like

No comments: